Collecting Personal Information
Collect 4U collects personal information to provide the products and services we offer, which may include:
• Commercial and consumer credit reporting
• Receivables management including debt collection services and direct debit facilitation
When conducting our business, Collect 4U employees must inform individuals of who we are, our contact details and the purposes for which we collect information. We collect information to help identity the individual or promote one of the above services.
In our operation of commercial credit reporting and information services Collect 4U discloses information to customers to provide an insight into who is operating a business. Whilst conducting its consumer credit reporting activities, Collect 4U disclose strictly regulated information (defaults, past applications for credit) to credit providers, who have previously sought the consent of the individual to do so. Collect 4U receivables management service discloses information to our consumer credit bureau only with the consent of the credit provider.
Each of Collect 4U business units and in turn Collect 4U employees must collect information, lawfully fairly and always with the individual’s privacy interests in mind.
Using & Disclosing Personal Information
Collect 4U primary reason for collecting information, is to create or update a database, to enable us to produce a commercial or consumer credit report, or to collect a debt. Collect 4U operates on a full disclosure basis – all customers that have received either a consumer or commercial report will be recorded. We may also collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
• to enable us to develop, administer and manage our services and businesses;
• to customise services to better meet your needs and preferences;
• to assess your application and manage your account with us;
• to compile a customer profile about you to serve you better;
• to engage a credit reporting body to conduct a credit and reference check;
• to assess your creditworthiness;
• for billing purposes and collection of debts;
• statistical purposes;
• future promotional and marketing purposes including direct marketing purposes;
• to inform you of special offers, promotions and competitions;
• for research purposes to better improve our websites, products or services;
• any other customer support purposes;
• to notify credit providers of a default by you of your agreement with us;
• to advise credit providers of the status of your agreement with us, in circumstances where you are in default with credit providers;
• to deal with complaints;
• to enforce our rights when you are in breach; and
• when authorised or required by law.
These laws include:
the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth), which requires us to collect personal information about you when verifying your identity;
the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth), which requires us to make inquiries about you when assessing an application for credit by you; and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth), under which we may need to collect personal information about you to record a security interest on the Personal Property Securities Register.
Collect 4U recognises that data quality is imperative for our customers, subject companies and consumers. We pride our organisation on providing valuable information to our customers. Therefore, responsibility sits with each of our employees to ensure that information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
All personal information held by us will be handled and stored in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act. We will take reasonable steps to:
• make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
• protect the information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
• destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
Collect 4U employees must not collect “sensitive information” unless it is required to establish or defend an equitable claim or if required by law. In the vent that Collect 4U is required to collect sensitive information, the consent of the individual will be sought.
Access and Amend Personal Information
On request from you, we will provide details of the personal information we hold about you. The release of information is subject to some exceptions such as information relating to existing or any anticipated legal proceedings, together with exceptions provided by the Privacy Act. Unless unusual circumstances apply, we should provide access to you within 30 days of the request. We reserve the right to charge a fee for providing access to your information when permitted by law. To protect your personal information, the request to us must be in writing and can be sent by letter or email. All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Privacy Officer
Level 3, 2 Boston Court
Varsity Lakes, QLD, 4213
We are committed to the protection of your privacy and personal information. Complaints you may have about your personal information can be lodged with the person you have been dealing with or by using our contact details in this policy. We will attempt to resolve any complaint within 10 working days. If resolution is not possible within this timeframe, we will contact you to discuss the matter further. You also have the right under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
This policy is subject to change over time without prior notice. We may amend this policy by updating this posting.
You can ask us to provide you with a copy of this policy, including a hard copy, by contacting us using the contact details above.